Friday, June 3, 2011

Pregnancy Update-- Third Trimester already!

Cravings: Sweet Tea, Fruit and Maple Oatmeal at McDonalds, S'mores, Ginger Ale, Sour Cream, Taco Bell,  MILK SHAKES/ICE CREAM!, Muffins.-- It's safe to say my healthy eating plan hasn't been going as well as I had hoped. :/

Complaints: I pee every. Single. Time. That I stand! Hearburn, owww! Exhaustion. Crampy/painful contractions when I walk too much, haven't had enough water, etc. and sometimes just because my uterus wants to annoy me! ;) Tons of pressure thanks to baby M being head down already, measuring big and super low!

Solutions: Just got a maternity support belt (by Medela) today, hoping it'll help with the frequent urination and pressure(midwife suggested it)! TUMS. Lots of them. For heartburn obviously.



I start seeing the midwife every 2 weeks now. YIKES! I can't believe how close I am to being a mom of 3! Insane. I love my doctor office and my midwife and her nurse practitioner, We're planning a water birth, and that is so exciting for me! I meet with my Doula this Saturday- YAY! I hope we hit it off, I'm a bit nervous! I want to talk to her about my anxiety over the transition and pushing phases of labor and also breastfeeding.

I've been adding wheat germ to nearly everything I eat-- for fiber and CHOLINE! :D It's so good in vanilla yogurt, mmm! Choline is supposed to help with brain function and memory! It's a nutrient that is required for normal cell function, healthy nerve and brain function, transporting nutrients throughout the body, and liver metabolism.  You can get choline from eggs, soybeans (although I don't recommend over-doing soy, especially while pregnant, there is some controversy over that), beef, lentils, salmon and more! I like to use the wheat germ, as I don't always include choline foods into my everyday diet. I've also been trying to eat more avocado for some good fatty-acids! 

We have the baby name that we LOVE picked out. And while multiple (okay quite a few) have been told the "most likely" name we haven't OFFICIALLY announced it. I changed my daughter's name last minute and was so sick of hearing "What happened to Lydia?!" as if they preferred it to the name we gave her. Annoying! But I really think this IS the name. So I might as well mention it here, since I love it so much! His name is going to be (most likely!) Elias Antonio Martinez. We will (and already do) call him Eli for short! We love it/ it's perfect. I twas the perfect compromise when we just couldn't agree on a name. And now it doesn't even feel like a compromise! It just feels "right"- it feels like it's HIS name. Elias is just a name we like, and it is also biblical which is a HUGE bonus! Antonio is my husband's middle name, which was very important to us that we used it. Elias means "the Lord is my God" and Antonio means "Priceless". Love it. :)

We are moving out of our rental home (landlord is selling) and that is just beyond stressful this late in pregnancy! Ahhh! I'm hoping we get our "dream house" we applied for, but we're up against a few other applicants so it could go either way. :/ We have 2 other places we like as well-- so if we don't get this place it'll be time to apply to the other's. We find out Monday... I'M SO NERVOUS!

I went shopping! I was at Kohl's last night and bought the baby two outfits to add to the rest of the collection I have been trying to build and I think that they are just TOO cute!




Third Trimester-- the home stretch! Goodness! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment