Friday, August 5, 2011

It's been a while!

Picture overload!







Now that we're all caught up visually... ;)


Let's talk about breastfeeding. After lots of research I've discovered the reason why I wasn't able to breastfeed my first two children, and since it's so hard to find any doctors or LC's who know enough about it, I  self diagnosed myself. I have IGT, insufficient glandular tissue.  My breasts went through very little change during pregnancies, and in fact i didn't develop properly during puberty either. It's not necessarily about the size of your breasts, it's other factors such as spacing, shape and asymmetry-- all of which I fit. And it's amazing to see these stories online from women like me who went through exactly the same thing: with their milk supply not increasing no matter how hard or long they've tried. But luckily now i have a target; I have a REASON and knowing what the problem is, lack of mammary tissue, I can better SOLVE it. I had already had plans of co-sleeping, skin-to-skin contact, frequent nursing, SNS if supplementation is needed, lactation cookies, fenugreek, LOTS of water-- but now I have two herbs that are said to increase breast tissue; these herbs have been helping women with my problem to exclusively breastfeed!!!! It's a miracle as far as I'm concerned! I just really hop it works just as well for me.








Goat's Rue and Shatavari: I'm praying this is the answer I have been looking for. I've started the shatavari and I'm now waiting for the goat's rue to get here. Baby is due in 9 days-- more or less. I'm going to buy the ingredients for my lactation cookies tomorrow, here's the recipe: Healthy-ish Lactation Cookies  and i'm going to try and get a hold of some Milkmaid Tea-- I like that it has anise in it. 


So this is my main focus right now, preparing to nurse baby Eli. Praying this works, I really, really want this.

No comments:

Post a Comment